Sustainable Maritime Operations Key Features
SMO Welcome Video
It will give you new management skills in analysis, evaluation, presentation and writing at a higher level. When you combine this with an understanding gained in the operation, governance and technology of the maritime world, then you will fully equipped to progress to a more advanced career level.
This course is particularly suitable for middle to senior management grades with marine companies and organisations in the areas of ship management, port operations, marine renewables, offshore oil & gas, engineering and defence.
The MSc course consists of 5 modules, each of which takes 16 weeks to study and a final research project. It is usually studied part-time, which means typically about 12-15 hours of study per week. So, overall the MSc degree takes about 2½ years to complete.
The BSc undergraduate course only has 3 modules so will take a total of about 18 months and a final honours project. It is possible to take a break between modules for family or professional reasons.
Your course is delivered exclusively by distance learning using the latest developments in technology in order to allow you to maximise the educational experience whilst studying in the place of your choosing at the times which are most convenient to you.
You will be allocated a personal academic tutor from our staff. They will be there to guide you through your studies, answer any questions and help with your assessments. Our tutors are all subject matter experts who have lots of teaching experience and are available to arrange a chat whenever you want.
You will have a choice of methods for accessing your teaching materials, namely:
- The innovative web app that can be downloaded to your smartphone or tablet. This will allow you to view the lectures whilst travelling or even at sea.
- Our state of the art Total Learning Package (TLP) gives you easy access to view all of the videos, assessments, documents and information that will support your learning.
- You can download the TLP or we can send you each module on a convenient USB memory stick for the ultimate flexibility.
You can pay by bank transfer or on-line on this website in three ways:
- By a monthly subscription. Evenly spread small payments over the duration of your course to allow you to manage your budget.
- By a lump sum payment in advance. Save money and gain peace-of-mind by settling all of your course fees up-front.
- Pay for each module as you go. Retain flexibility by paying for each module before you study it.